Table of Contents
- The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifiers
- Overall Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier: Colzer 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Runner Up #1: MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier 70 Pint with Reusable Filter
- Runner Up #2: Inofia YDA-828E 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- Runner Up #3: Waykar 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- Best Cheap 70 Pint Dehumidifier: Hisense DH-7019KP1WG 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- People’s Choice #1: hOmelabs 4,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Dehumidifier
- People’s Choice #2: Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- We Also Looked at These, But They Didn’t Make Our List
- People Also Ask
This post was last updated on: Monday, August 1, 2020
A dehumidifier can reduce humidity levels in your home that could lead to mold, mildew, and water damage. For large spaces, you need a high capacity dehumidifier – one with up to a 70 pint capacity. These are the largest commercially available products, and we’ve determined the best 70 pint dehumidifier for home and business use!
The need for a home air dehumidifier may be greater than you realize. If you live in areas of high humidity, it’s definitely recommended that you run a dehumidifier in your home, at least during the warmer months. A dehumidifier can remove several pints of moisture from the air every day, helping your heating and AC units work more efficiently.
In cases of flooding – whether due to natural disasters or an in-home accident – a powerful 70 pint humidifier can be very beneficial as well. Using a dehumidifier immediately after a leak occurs could save you thousands in home repairs!
Many homeowners even use their dehumidifiers as aids for drying laundry, since their sole purpose is to remove moisture quickly.
As you can see, there are more benefits to owning a dehumidifier than just reducing the humidity levels in the air you’re breathing.
The Best 70 Pint Dehumidifiers
The criteria for what qualifies a unit as one of the best 70-pint dehumidifiers include the features they possess, as well as the advantages each can provide. A quiet fan is desirable if the unit will be in your living area or bedroom, but the coverage area is more important if your basement has flooded, and you need the water out fast.
For other consumers, energy efficiency is far more important than capacity or the presence of a pump. To find out which brands are the most energy-efficient, read more here about how dehumidifiers earn the Energy Star label, as well as which brands make the cut!
Without further ado, let’s look at the best 70 pint dehumidifiers based on our market research and customer reviews.
Overall Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier: Colzer 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- 70 Pints DehumidifierRemoving up to 70 pints moisture from the air per day, Colzer dehumidifier PD223A are high-efficiency dehumidifiers for basements, living rooms, bathrooms, garages, motor homes,...
- Unique Laundry-Dry ModeBesides the conventional DEHUMIDIFY Mode, this ETL listed home dehumidifier features a unique Laundry-Dry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry.
- Advanced Control PanelThe advanced LED digital control panel allows you to set an exact humidity percentage, program 24-hour on/off timer, adjust the fan speed. Humidity reading displays both on the...
Coming in at number one on our list of the best 70-pint home dehumidifiers is the Colzer 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier.
The Colzer 70 Pint Dehumidifier is, in our opinion, the best on the market. Its water removal capacity is rated for 70 pints per day, like the rest on our list, but it’s one that can make good on that promise. With a gravity driven drainage or water tank option, the Colzer has an impressive 4000 sq ft coverage area, and the price is definitely right!
A few of our favorite features about the Colzer include a laundry drying option and an automatic shutoff feature for when the 9.5 pint water bucket is full and when the desired humidity level is achieved. The unit will then stand at the ready in case moisture levels rise thanks to sensitive humidity monitoring technology.
We can also appreciate that the Colzer will automatically start back up after a power outage, so your humidity levels remain constant even if you forget to reset it. When you’ve had a setback like a power outage, you have enough to do. With this unit, you will have one less thing to think about!
The Colzer 70-pint dehumidifier is an attractive model with a relatively small footprint within your home but a large, easy-to-read digital display. It also has a convenient handle on top to make it easy to move around on it multi-directional casters.
Colzer has done over 10 years of research to develop top-of-the-line products, and the company prides itself on offering optimal customer service. Colzer offers a 60 day money back guarantee and a 24-month warranty.
- A “lights off” mode so it doesn’t affect sleeping condition.
- Large digital humidity display is easy to see across the room.
- Automatic shutoff to prevent bucket overflow.
- Included drainage hose isn’t a standard garden hose, so leakage is sometimes an issue. Replacement hose must be ordered.
Runner Up #1: MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier 70 Pint with Reusable Filter
- 4, 500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER – Our dehumidifier are able to collect 50 pint (70 pint 2012 DOE standard) of water a day and adjust humidity from 35% to 85%, perfect for use in basement, bathroom,...
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES – Auto restart function limits disruption due to power outages by engaging your chosen settings as soon as power is restored. Meanwhile, continuous dehumidification mode is...
- QUIET OPERATION – Quiet enough for use in bedrooms to maintain both healthy air quality and a relaxing environment. A maximum 51 decibel volume enables quiet operation that registers around the same...
Our first runner up is the Midea MAD50C1ZWS 70 pint dehumidifier with a reusable filter. While Midea isn’t a well-known brand, this particular unit proves that it’s one that can compete with big names.
It has a slim design, with dimensions of 15.9″(L) x 11.5″(W) x 24.3″(H), so the Midea is one of the easiest 70-pint dehumidifiers to integrate into your home design. This model can be manually drained using a hose or used with the 1.6 gallon water tank, so it’s perfect for any area.
The easy-to-clean filter eliminates the need to purchase replacement parts, which owners appreciate. An auto restart feature means that this 70 pint dehumidifier will turn itself back on after a power outage, and it’s a great unit for continuous use since it will remove moisture from the air until it reaches your desired humidity level.
The washable filter is definitely a plus, and the Midea actually alerts you when it’s time to clean it. It’s an Energy Star rated appliance offers a comfort mode that can run around the clock, as well as auto shutoff when the water tank is full. “Comfort mode” will keep the humidity at a level you set for 24 hours or more.
Midea is considered one of the leading appliance brands in the world, although it isn’t one that immediately comes mind. Midea produces many types of air-treatment appliances and other home products.
The MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS comes with 1-year parts and labor warranty, plus a 3-year extended warranty.
- Great value for a 70 pint dehumidifier.
- Auto restart feature turns itself back on after power outages.
- Powerful turbo mode increases de-humidification when needed.
- 1500 sq ft coverage area is smaller than other 70 pint varieties.
- Fan motor is louder than other models.
Runner Up #2: Inofia YDA-828E 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- ✔️『Superb Dehumidification』With max. moisture removal capacity rate of 70 pints per day (2012 DOE standard), Inofia YDA-828E are ideal residential dehumidifiers for basements, garages, humid...
- ✔️『Unique Laundry Mode』This home dehumidifier with unique Laundry Mode to quickly dry your delicate clothes that require hang dry. The Auto-swinging louvers help to improve airflow or set them...
- ✔️『Smart Dehumidifier』This 70 pint dehumidifier will AUTO OFF when its water reservoir (7.4 Pints) is full or when the desired humidity level is reached, and AUTO RESTART when the room...
The next best 70-pint dehumidifier on our list is the Inofia YDA-828E. A very small, lightweight model, it makes for perfect use in the living room or bedroom and can easily be moved around the home. Recessed handles on both sides and 4 swivel casters make for convenient movement.
It features a timer that can be set for 1 to 24 hours, so whether you’re home or not, the Inofia will work hard to remove moisture from your home. The 7.4 pint water tank is on the smaller side for 70 pint dehumidifiers, which may be exactly what you’re looking for if you can’t carry heavy items.
This model can also be used with a gravity drain hose which is included with your purchase for continual draining. This may be a better drainage option if you don’t want to empty the water tank that holds less than 8 pints of moisture – less than one gallon.
One of the most attractive features is the redirect air flow capability, facilitated by auto-swinging louvers. This enables your dehumidifier to pump air around the room and freshen musty or damp areas. We also love the washable filter, dedicated laundry mode, and automatic humidity sensors which help you maintain a consistent level at all times.
Inofia dehumidifiers are primarily sold through 3rd parties. Most notably, the Inofia brand is known for high-quality memory foam mattresses and other sleep aids. Inofia sellers offer a 60-day money back guarantee on their dehumidifiers, and a 1-year warranty free with purchase.
- Correct size hose is included in purchase.
- Model can be used at temps as low as 41 degrees.
- Convenient auto-diagnosis on the digital humidity readout display.
- Small coverage area compared to other models.
- There’s no handle on the water tank, which makes it hard to carry.
Runner Up #3: Waykar 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 70 PINTS DEHUMIDIFIER FOR SPACES UP TO 4500 SQ FT- Our 70 pints capacity dehumidifiers are able to removes 9 Gallons (70 pints) of moisture a day in areas up to 4,500 sq. ft. and adjust humidity from...
- UNIQUE DESIGN FOR THE MODERN HOME- The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with the sleek and modern look. With built-in wheels and ergonomically placed handles, you can move this dehumidifier easily. A...
- INTELLIGENT TOUCH CONTROL- There is an intelligent screen touch control panel display on the dehumidifier, you can operate it easily. Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture...
The Waykar 70 pint dehumidifier is an attractive model that offers many of the features homeowners are looking for, including a small-ish 1.18 gallon water tank as well as a gravity-fed drainage option. This unit has a high capacity, handling spaces up to 4500 sq ft with ease.
Auto control settings prevent the Waykar from overheating or the water tank from overflowing, and its unique child lock setting isn’t one that is found in many models of its kind. An auto shutoff feature reminds owners to change the reservoir, and the machine will start right back up when the empty tank is reinstalled.
A washable air filter saves money and ensures that your unit is always working efficiently. Arguably, though, the best feature of the Waykar is sensitive electronic controls that respond with a light touch, although the LED display lights that can be left on or shut off are a nice benefit as well!
Waykar offers affordable air treatment options,with a focus on both service and product. The company has locations all over the world, so it’s not surprising that Waykar keeps a mindful eye toward social responsibility.
Waykar products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product. The company prides itself on customer satisfaction, so 1-year warranty options are available with 2nd-year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support.
- Safety features abound on this model.
- A great price makes it attractive, but it also stands up the performance level of units of the same capacity.
- The drainage hose doesn’t always fit well, which can cause leakage around the connection point.
Best Cheap 70 Pint Dehumidifier: Hisense DH-7019KP1WG 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- Low noise airflow system to ensure quiet operation, achieving a 46 dB(A) sound level on the low setting
- Built-in pump with drain hose included. Operates at temperature as low as 38°F
- Removable, washable filter. Programmable 24 hour on/off timer
As a refurbished dehumidifier, this one has enough positive customer reviews to garner attention. It has a built-in pump, so it’s not gravity fed like comparable products, making Hisense’s model the best 70-pint dehumidifier for the money.
The Hisense has easy to use electronic controls that indicate when the water tank is full, so you don’t have to worry about overflow. This 70 pint dehumidifier is guaranteed to control humidity levels in areas of 1000 sq ft or more.
A drain hose is included, so you can use the built-in pump to direct water outside or down a drain. Alternatively, the unit features auto-shutoff when the bucket is full in manual mode.
The Hisense is one 70-pint dehumidifier that works at temperatures as low as 38 degrees to maintain healthy indoor humidity levels. Its auto defrost feature keeps it from freezing up at those low temperatures. Washable filters are a real money saver and are easy to wash and reinstall.
Most 70-pint dehumidifiers are solid white, so the modern black and white design of the Hisense DH-7019KP1WG is a refreshing difference.
Hisense offers award-winning air treatment products from 30- to 100-pint dehumidifiers to portable air conditioners and more. The company prides itself on the mission of making customers’ lives better through innovative technology.
A 90-day limited warranty is available from 3rd party sellers, or buyers can get a 2-year parts and labor directly from the manufacturer.
- A strong value for the price.
- An Energy Star endorsement for energy efficient operation.
- With a heavy design (45 lbs), it can be hard to move around.
- The fan is loud when in operation, so it’s best suited for a basement rather than a living room or bedroom.
People’s Choice #1: hOmelabs 4,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on...
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles,...
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which...
The hOmelabs 4,500 sq. ft. Energy Star Dehumidifiers is one of the best 70 pint capacity units based on customer experiences and recommendations. The 1.8 gallon water tank is large enough to collect a fair amount of water before it needs to be emptied.
Simple electronic controls – just a few buttons – ensure easy operation, so it’s a great option if you’re anti-technology or just want no-fuss operation. The removable filter only needs to be cleaned about once a month, so there’s little hassle there as well.
One of the best features of the hOmelabs 70 pint dehumidifier is its 24 hour continuous setting that pulls moisture from the air in large or very wet spaces until the user is satisfied with the humidity level. An auto shutoff and alert helps you keep track of a full water tank, or you can use the built-in pump for continuous hose drainage.
The hOmelabs company sells all manner of home appliances designed to improve wellness and support peace of mind. They have a wide range of dehumidifiers and other air treatment products that purify and improve the air. As a lesser-known brand, hOmelabs puts its best foot forward in all accounts to build its reputation.
A 30-day money back guarantee stands for all purchases, as well as a 2 year warranty that can be extended by 6 months if you register on the company’s website.
- An affordable price, but a truly great value.
- Maintains a large coverage area.
- A hose for continuous draining must be purchased separately.
People’s Choice #2: Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- Dehumidifier dimensions: 24-7/16” D x 11-9/16” W x 15-1/16” H
- Your purchase includes One Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier & Owner's Manual
- Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
Frigidaire is easily one of the best-known brands in the U.S. This model promises to remove 70 pints of moisture or more per day, and it definitely delivers! With optional hose packages, you can find a price point on this particular model that works for practically any budget.
The Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier has the Energy Star seal of approval, so it’s energy-efficient even when running 24 hours a day.
We love that the Frigidaire sits high on 4 caster wheels for ease of movement, and the digital humidity readout is right on top so it’s easy to see, even at a glance. A moderately sized 13.1-pint tank is easy to remove and install for frequent emptying if necessary.
Founded in 1916 under a parent company, Frigidaire has been known for quality home products ever since. The company prides itself on reliable products and responsive customer service. Most units come standard with a 1-year parts, and labor warranty and a limited 5-year sealed system warranty for consumers’ added protection.
- An auto defrost feature keeps the unit from freezing up.
- It’s extremely quiet while running.
- The unit is heavy, at 47 pounds.
- Rust issues have been reported with the condenser and coils.
We Also Looked at These, But They Didn’t Make Our List
Vremi 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated for Large Spaces and Basements
This Vremi unit is a great energy-efficient option if you have a large basement. While it didn’t quite make the cut of the overall list, it’s still a very strong performer.Check Price on Amazon
Keystone White High Efficiency 50-Pint Dehumidifier with Electronic Controls
While it doesn’t have quite enough power to make our main list, this is a great unit if you’re looking for a plain white dehumidifier for your home.Check Price on Amazon
Keystone KSTAD70B 70 Pt. Dehumidifier
Another solid performer from Keystone. This dehumidifier does a great job up to 4500 feet. The lack of brand recognition may be part of what’s keeping it off our main list.Check Price on Amazon
People Also Ask
What Does a “70 Pint Dehumidifier” Mean?
To clarify, this does not mean that your humidifier will have a 70-pint bucket (which would equal nearly 9 gallons) – hard to maneuver and empty! When you are shopping for a 70-pint dehumidifier, you’re looking at products that will pump out 70 pints of water from the air in a 24-hour period.
Some large dehumidifiers offer a water tank option as well as a continuous drain, which is either powered by a built-in pump or fed by gravity. Of course, this depends on the dehumidifier’s recommended room size and the amount of humidity in the air. That’s why it’s important to find the perfect unit for your home.
What is the Difference Between a 50 Pint and 70 Pint Dehumidifier?
You need to choose a product that is powerful enough to consistently remove moisture from basements, crawl spaces, and other areas commonly affected by humidity.
A 50 pint dehumidifier is going to remove about 50 pints of moisture per day. If your basement or living area is not extremely damp – and you want to keep it that way – a unity with 50 pint capacity might be enough.
However, a 50 pint dehumidifier will have to run continuously to do the work that a 70 pint unit will do in the same amount of time. Also, a smaller unit will typically not be able to maintain as large of an area. A 50 pint dehumidifier is generally recommended for 1500 square feet or less, whereas a larger machine can handle up to 4500 square feet.
How Many Square Feet Will a 70 Pint Dehumidifier Cover?
When shopping for a portable dehumidifier, the most important factor is the square feet it will be necessary for handling. The smallest dehumidifiers are around 10 pint, and they can easily handle a room that’s 500 square feet or so, but they won’t be effective in large areas.
Seventy-pint dehumidifiers are among the largest available to you commercially, and the one you choose should be capable of keeping the humidity low enough to prevent mold and mildew in your home.
That said, your 70-pint dehumidifier should be capable of controlling moisture in a room that is 1000 to 2500 sq ft. If the room is saturated, as in standing water, the best 70 pint dehumidifiers can get the moisture out fast. In rooms that are notoriously high humidity, the maximum square footage capacity is 4500 or more.
Read dehumidifier reviews carefully to ensure the one you choose will be appropriate for the planned space.
Should I Get a 50 or 70 Pint Dehumidifier?
This is a really common question. When you’re looking for a large dehumidifier, it might be tempting to go with a 50 pint because you can save a little money. But what’s the point if you’re still going to be dealing with excess moisture?
Your dehumidifier is going to need to be emptied if it has a water tank, so a 70 pint will require you to do it a little less often. Also, a 70 pint dehumidifier If you have a large area where you need to remove moisture on a day-to-day basis, we definitely recommend going for the big daddy – a 70-pint dehumidifier – for home and office use.
Due to the high risk of respiratory issues that moisture can cause, you need the best 70-pint dehumidifier money can buy!
How Many Amps Does a 70 Pint Dehumidifier Use?
The answer to this question can vary widely between models. It’s important to note that larger machines pull more amps, but they will not have to run as long as smaller dehumidifiers to remove the same amount of moisture.
As an example, the Frigidaire model reviewed here uses 6.7 amps. This is quite good, which is why the unit claims an Energy Star rating. If you find a 70 pint model within this amp range,
Your preferences for a 70 pint dehumidifier will most likely be based on function, but looks and size are factors to be considered as well. The first thing you need to consider is the size of the area you’ll need to maintain. After that, look at factors that will aid your everyday use of the unit.
These factors include the type of drainage it allows for, the size of its water collection bucket, and whether the unit has a built-in pump or gravity fed drainage.
We hope that this guide serves to help you make your decision!