Mold spores are a common particle, which can be found in the airborne dust, floating around your home. These spores can be hazardous and not just to people who have allergies to them. Prolonged exposure to mold and mildew, especially in the home, can lead to respiratory problems.
One of the most effective ways to combat this problem is with the purchase of an air purifier, which will greatly reduce the number of airborne mold spores in your home. This article will make it easier for you to choose the best air purifier for mold and mildew.
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER - Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide fresher, cleaner air in minutes. Cleans up to 2250 sq ft in 60 mins (1 ACH), for powerful large room coverage. Provides...
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne allergens and particles: dust, pollen, pet dander,...
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA304 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 square feet rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
Honeywell produce a number of air purifiers, which specialize in allergen removal from the home. Their models are recommended by physicians who are treating people suffering from allergies.
All Honeywell models will capture 99.7% of airborne particles, sucking them through their fans before the HEPA filter takes them out of the air. Honeywell air purifiers will change the air in a room up to five times in an hour.
This kind of system is very effective at removing mold spores from the air in a house. The pre filter in the systems also ensures the removal of odors. Customers who purchased Honeywell models also loved the silent running modes.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR PURIFIER: Circulates the air 1x per hour in 743 square foot rooms and 4.8x per hour in 153 sq. ft rooms, ensuring thorough purification. Ideal for medium to large sized rooms such...
- TRUE HEPA FILTRATION: This air purifier for home features a True HEPA air filter that captures up to 99.97 percent of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small...
- FIGHTS GERMS: Equipped with UV-C light technology and Titanium Dioxide, this air purifier helps reduce airborne viruses, such as influenza, staph, and rhinovirus, while also targeting volatile organic...
One of the market leaders in air purification and definitely a company who may produce the best air purifier for mold.
As well as the removal of dust, odors, pet dander and plant pollens, these models are also adept at the removal of mold spores from the air. They not only remove them, the UV light technology employed by these units ensures that these particles are also neutralized.
GermGuardian produce a wide range of units, which are suitable for any size room, and can fit into any space. People who bought these products commented on the stylish design that is associated with them.
- SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT - With just 7.5W of ultra-low energy consumption and no costly filters to replace, the purifier is a bargain for you and the environment. Size: 17"(H) x 6"(W) x 7"(D).
- Carbon Filtration and Ozone Power (O3) < 0.05 ppm - Reduces odors in occupied spaces
- Whisper Quiet Purification Fan and Night Light - Silently draws air and cleans the air around you.
A sleek design, silent running and low maintenance costs set O-Ion air purifiers apart from the rest. These models use an electrostatic purification process to remove and destroy any airborne pollutants that are currently flying around your home. A definite candidate for the best mold air purifier.
The silent running means that you can get a good nights sleep, even when it’s running in your bedroom. The removable and wipe clean collector rod is also a bonus, no more expensive replacement filters to buy.
Allergy suffering customers who purchased this product said it made a huge difference in their lives.
- REMOVES UP TO 99% OF AIRBORNE PARTICLES: The Holmes Desktop HEPA-Type Air Purifier with Optional Ionizer captures particles as small as 2 microns, removing up to 99% of airborne particles and...
- INCLUDES IONIZER: This Holmes air purifier features an optional air ionizer that helps to bind negative ions to airborne smoke, dust, and pollen to form larger particles that are more easily captured,...
- 70 CADR: Air purifier provides a 70 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
Removing 99% of airborne particles down to the size of 2 microns the Holmes air purifiers could definitely be considered for the best air purifier for mold.
With desktop designs, they are also a compact option to effectively cleanse the air in a smaller room.
They come with three speed settings to allow the unit to cope with different conditions and the dual filter systems not only reduce allergens, but also give a 44% reduction in odors. An indicator light to tell you when the filter needs changing is also a handy feature.
Many customers who bought these products comment on how much their allergy symptoms were reduced afterwards.
One of the unique features of these models is they have a built in sensor, which monitors the quality of the air around it and adjusts the speed settings accordingly.
These units offer a three stage air cleaning process which removes pollutants, including mold spores, and unpleasant odors.
The units are suitable for large living spaces and are perfect in bedrooms due to their low running noise.
Customers love the sheer power of this unit and it’s ability to neutralize smells, with one saying it can reduce all traces of tobacco smell in a house containing three smokers.
Selecting the right air purifier is vital, especially if you suffer allergies to mold and mildew. But even if you don’t suffer with allergies, the build up of mold spores in your house can be very dangerous, even deadly.
The above gives an oversight into the best air purifiers for mold and mildew and also gives you an idea of the other capabilities of these air purifiers. What size room are they capable of filtering? Are they also effective at the removal of odors, especially strong ones like tobacco?
When selecting your air purifier it is always, well worth knowing who the top brands are and what features they offer in order for you to make the most informed choice. You can also take a look to our top 10 air purifiers table here.