You are probably here because you wish to spend time in a purer environment while inside, so we have endeavored to offer you a group of HEPA air filter reviews.
Perhaps, like me, you are an allergy sufferer, or you are facing some health issues, from headaches to asthma, caused by the particles present in the air around you. Although these symptoms might not always be debilitating, they certainly are unpleasant and hinder your overall quality of life.
To remediate this situation there exists a special appliance, called High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, whose primary function is to improve the air quality of your living and working space by removing harmful particulates from circulation. Below, you will find a collection of top rated HEPA air purifiers to help you enjoy a healthier space.
This particular air filter is the best rated HEPA air purifier on our list and there is a good set of reasons why. With its 3 stage filtration system, as well as its use of weak charges to make particles easier to catch, this unit is able to use a highly efficient ionising air filter without producing any ozone gases, which can be harmful to those with pulmonary conditions.
Offering 4 different fan speeds that can adjust automatically, it is one of the quietest units available when on its lowest setting, and the maintenance required, for one of the best HEPA air purifier, is minimal. A great value for the money, it will fulfill your filtering needs for small to medium rooms.
Consensus is that you’ll be getting a powerful machine that gets rid of the strongest odors with ease, definitely a great unit overall. Find it here.
- PURE FILTER: Standard Alen True HEPA air filter for the BreatheSmart Classic air purifier captures 99.9% of airborne particles down to 0.1 micron. Traps allergens, dust, pollen, pet dander, and fur,...
- CUSTOMIZING YOUR FILTER: With Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier, you can customize the air filtration system that suits your needs. We offer air filter options with various designer front panels...
- AIR QUALITY DISPLAY: Our Smart Sensor has a 3-color LED display that updates in real-time: Blue, Orange, and Red. When enabled, its ozone-safe ionizer, produces negative ions, which attract and clump...
If you are looking for a machine that will be able to handle bigger spaces with ease (up to 1100 sq. ft.), then you should definitely consider this model.
As well as being one of the best true HEPA air purifier and a strong performer among our top 5, thanks to its ability to catch up to 99.97% of particles measuring 0.3 microns or more, this air purifier is very customizable. Whether you wish to have a specific colour for the panel or you have a particular use in mind, from catching allergens to reduce smoke smell, the BreatheSmart will offer you the opportunity to do so.
Additionally, the unit also offers an efficient SmartSensor technology mode while also being very quiet on lower settings, and never being louder than a fan on its medium setting. Every allergy sufferer will tell you that their symptoms subsided significantly after getting the Alen BreatheSmart, and everyone will notice the reduction in dust buildup on your furniture.
- ✅【HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR PURIFIER】Circulates the air 1x per hour in 743 square foot rooms and 4.8x per hour in 153 sq. ft rooms, ensuring thorough purification. Ideal for medium to large sized...
- ✅【TRUE HEPA FILTRATION】This air purifier for home features a True HEPA air filter that captures up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small...
- ✅【FIGHTS GERMS】Equipped with UV-C light technology and Titanium Dioxide, this air purifier helps reduce airborne viruses, such as influenza, staph, and rhinovirus, while also targeting volatile...
Among the different options available, this product from GermGuardian has a small footprint that is and will look good in any room with its unique design.
Using a combination of activated charcoal filters, true HEPA filters and UV-C light, this unit will cleanse the air from particulate and also eliminate any airborne viruses or bacteria it comes across. This method allows it to catch 99.97% of air particulates, reducing smells and improving the overall air quality of the room.
The folks at GermGuardian have also designed the AC4825 with longevity in mind, as many parts may be easily replaced over the unit’s lifetime, thus eliminating the need to pay for costly maintenance or new units. With its number one spot on Amazon’s best seller list of the best HEPA air purifier, the GermGuardian AC4825 has proven itself as a successful balance of price and quality. Almost every owner is happy with its ability to eliminate smells, animal hair and dust, you’ll be breathing far easier in no time.
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER - Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide fresher, cleaner air in minutes. Cleans up to 2250 sq ft in 60 mins (1 ACH), for powerful large room coverage. Provides...
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne allergens and particles: dust, pollen, pet dander,...
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA304 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 square feet rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
The Honeywell was designed with a family’s living room in mind. Bringing a high rate of air circulation to the room while simultaneously quickly reducing the amount of dust, allergens and smells in a large room, this unit can claim a spot as one of the best HEPA air cleaner.
With its Energy Star certification, this air cleaner is among the most energy efficient in its category, consuming less energy on average than other units built for a similar area. What it lacks in looks, it certainly makes up for in sheer efficiency and quietness.
Should you decide to obtain this air purifier, do note that this model is recommended by professional allergists. With that kind of endorsement, it’s no surprise that the Honeywell is a strong contender for the title of best HEPA air filter. Buyers agree that this unit is manufactured with quality in mind, as well as eliminating allergens so efficiently that your allergy symptoms will disappear once you’re inside.
- REMOVES UP TO 99% OF AIRBORNE PARTICLES: The Holmes Desktop HEPA-Type Air Purifier with Optional Ionizer captures particles as small as 2 microns, removing up to 99% of airborne particles and...
- INCLUDES IONIZER: This Holmes air purifier features an optional air ionizer that helps to bind negative ions to airborne smoke, dust, and pollen to form larger particles that are more easily captured,...
- 70 CADR: Air purifier provides a 70 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
Although not a true HEPA air filter, the Holmes’ Desktop air purifier is still quite efficient at what it does, being able to capture 99% of airborne particulates with a size of 2 microns or greater, and offering you the possibility to replace its default filter for a true HEPA model.
It can be placed either horizontally or vertically, depending on the space available, and it’s more effective when used in smaller rooms or in your personal office. There is also the option to use the onboard ionizer to capture more of the particles found in the air, and the ozone gases produced are quite low.
Although not the quietest of units, the Holmes Air Purifier is a very affordable unit that works well and quickly when used in the right setting. Customers have reported a big drop in their allergy symptoms as well as the air quality in general, seeing results after only a few hours of operation.
There is a wide variety of HEPA air purifiers out there, some true HEPA filters, others simply of the same type, but all of them aiming to be a useful product.
The main takeaway from all of these HEPA air purifier reviews is to identify your specific needs or wants in terms of air quality, and to match them and your budget to one of the units described above, or perhaps to discover one not mentioned previously. You are bound to find the right fit for you and your family, and you will notice the difference, either because of your reduced symptoms, or perhaps because you will be breathing easier.
Ultimately, you should pick the unit that truly improves your home or workplace.
Leave a Reply