This post was last updated on: October 1, 2020
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
I tend to agree with the proverb that a tree of silence bears the fruit of peace. This cannot be taken literally to represent a quiet dehumidifier but it still makes sense if you love a quiet environment. In the process of recommending the quietest dehumidifier, I would like to say that my research is based entirely on what already exists.
Dehumidifiers may come in shapes, sizes and colors to try and provoke mass purchases. But when it comes to choosing the perfect units there are a few things that come first. I prefer when silence is part of a dehumidifier. A silent dehumidifier means a quiet home and also a dry home. When trying to find the best quiet dehumidifier I went through quiet dehumidifier reviews. Most of these reviews tend to be biased and misleading. To ensure you are safe from such reviews, please trust what you read here and follow what I say promptly.
When a dehumidifier works quietly, it also means it is working perfectly. This is what most people want. When you purchase a silent dehumidifier there are other massive benefits that you will get. For instance, it may be the best price dehumidifier.
It may have a large and functional condensate tank (if it has one), consume less power and also work in huge spaces. Because quiet dehumidifiers can be any size and work anywhere, I have provided the best from all categories and departments.
However, I have strongly based my selection on how consumers have said about a particular product.
- Removes 30 pints of moisture; Recommended for room sizes of 400 sq. ft.; Removes moisture in an
- Removable 3.5 liter water bucket; Electronic controls w/ precision humidistat; Adjustable humidity
- Low temperature operation with minimum temp of 41 degrees F (In Manual Mode); Auto de-icer; Two (2)
When consumers purchase an item (preferably online), they are given a platform to give feedback on how they think the product has worked for them.
Despite just being a 30-pint dehumidifier, it can cover up to 1500sq. ft. it is proven to work quietly and with 123 consumers saying it works quietly. From these 123 satisfied customers, 63% think it is absolutely perfect. If that does not look like a great statistic, the average rating from the 123 is 4.5.
- Whisper quiet, Low energy consumption
- Renewable reservoir
- Compact size is perfect for bathrooms, closets, and R.V.s
As mentioned earlier, quiet dehumidifiers are scattered across the board.
This is a small quiet dehumidifier that has been reviewed by 731 consumers and has an average rating of 3.8. This does not sound like a perfect score, but consumers who gave a low rating had different complaints. The “stopped working” reviews really do not represent any huge significance if you were to look at it sparingly. Apart from being quiet, it consumes low energy and works perfectly in small rooms like bathrooms and R.V.s.
- PLEASE NOTE: this is a Paltier dehumidifier made for small areas (the unit is only 138 inches high), for rooms or larger spaces please consider purchasing a compressor dehumidifier.
- Thermo-electric Peltier module Technology: Medium in Size, Big on Power with No Moving Parts. Reduces humidity in Closet, Basement, Crawl Space, RV, Boat, Car, Home, Bathroom, Bedroom , Small Areas...
- Auto Humidistat Lets You Set Your Desired RH Levels - Squeezes Up to 25 oz. of Water a Day From Humid Air from small areas
It is a large dehumidifier and I stumbled upon it even in the less biased review articles. It has a 3.2 average rating score from the 300 consumers who have reviewed it. Apart from the quietness, also look out for a functional humidistat and less power consumption.
From the three products, I hope you now have an idea of what product to go for. Remember a dehumidifier may have a sticker that says it is quiet, but this may not necessarily be the case. The huge dehumidifiers for instance, are not exactly dead silent and you can expect a certain degree of noise. With this information therefore, I hope you find the best quiet dehumidifier.