This post was last updated on: June 1, 2021
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
We’ve all faced a night when we were lying in bed and found ourselves unable to sleep. Having the impression of “bad air” in the room was most likely at play. That is because smells are powerful triggers and will keep you awake.
Read this amazing research about the importance of fresh air in your bedroom, which affects even your next day performance. And we have a perfect solution for this common problem – the best small air purifier will make your bedroom’s environment fresh and allow you to unwind.
Of particular importance are the performance and noise of the purifier. A noise louder than white noise will definitely hurt your sleep. After researching the matter further we have collected a group of small air purifier reviews to help you make the best choice.
If you are on the hunt for the best small room air purifier and, like me, are on a budget, this is for you. The HAP 9240 with its HEPA type filter will catch almost every particulate.
It also uses an Arm & Hammer filter to get rid of almost every odors it encounters. Designed for a 100 sq. ft. room, it can also be stand vertically or horizontally so as to fit in the room of your choice.
With a price tag around $50, the Holmes HAP 9240 is almost unbeatable on price and every buyer will discover its air purifying abilities immediately after using it, as with other Holmes product.
- 4-stage hospital-type filtration: effectively and quietly purifies air in small rooms 100 - 200 square feet
- AeraSmart sensor: monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- True HEPA filter with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment: safely removes 99.97% of viruses, germs, allergens, mold and dust
The AeraMax 100 is a great example of what the company has achieved for air purification. With a unit capable of trapping most allergens, spores and smells, this brand of product is sure to please.
This unit has also been endorsed by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, thanks to its proven abilities in independent tests. The AeraMax 100 also offers a special flu and allergy season mode, to maintain the air as sanitized as possible and prevent symptoms from spreading.
Most owners enjoy how unobtrusive the unit is and its good performance to cost ratio, although it can emit noticeable noise at higher fan speeds.
- 4 in 1 Desktop Air Purifier: True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air
- Compact design: 11 Inch tabletop purifier is perfect for smaller rooms or offices and fits great in small spaces
- Kills germs: UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as Influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
GermGuardian consistently offers powerful products and this is no exception. With its low profile and good performance, the AC 4100 is great for the bedroom or your office.
Using a combination of three filters and UV light, it effectively eliminates 99% of airborne particulates. Its technology has also been proven to destroy viruses and bacteria it comes across. It also features 3 fan speeds as well as a filter change notification.
The AC 4100 is recommended by allergists as an effective mean to purify the air from allergens, helping you rest easier. Guardian Technologies’ clients are pleased with its great abilities and the ease with which filters can be replaced.
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
Offering a small and compact unit, Hamilton Beach offers a cheaper alternative to the Holmes line of products while still ranking as among the best small air purifier.
Using zeolite filters it is particularly efficient in getting rid of pet smells. The upkeep of the unit itself is quite simple, with its only requirement being a semi-regular vacuuming of the HEPA filter, thus saving you money on the long term.
Note that the zeolite filters will have to be replaced, but it is an easy task. It will even work horizontally or vertically, fitting in any space where you will need it.
Customers are consistently impressed with this purifier’s ability to eliminate all but the most difficult animal smells, allowing them to reclaim their living space while keeping their pets.
- Patented ifD filter captures up to 99% of ultra-fine particles from the air passing through the filter
- Requires little maintenance and no replacement filter costs
- Sleek compact tower design takes up little space
Honeywell consistently produces units that can claim to be the best air purifier for a small room. Its HFD-010 model is a perfect example why the company is so esteemed. Specifically designed for smaller spaces, the filter will never need to be changed.
Using the highest performing Intense Field Dielectric filter available today, it manages to catch nearly all particles in a room, from dander to small allergens.
The unit is quiet, although louder at its HIGH setting, while on LOW and will still manage to rotate the air of your chosen space effectively. Every owner of Honeywell products notices the change in their air, the impression of freshness being near instantaneous.
Although air purifiers come in many shapes and sizes, smaller units are perfectly adequate to clean small areas, not to mention much more affordable. With their manufacturers using every means necessary, you can be assured that these units will perform as advertised and help spruce up your office or bedroom in no time.
The benefits associated with eliminating all of these airborne pollutants will manifest themselves the longer you use an air purifier. In the short term you can expect to breathe and sleep much more easily. It is my wish that within these small room air purifier reviews you will find enough information and ideas to find a solution to your needs.