If you live in a small apartment or own an RV or even a boat then my guess is that you have already purchased or have considered buying a portable dehumidifier. If you are yet to purchase one or are in the process of buying one, you might want to note down a few things. First, you only need the best portable dehumidifier. This will help you avoid going back to the market for a replacement within the first few months. The best unit should stay with you for years.
If you were to go through portable dehumidifier reviews (especially from sites that test dehumidifiers), best portable dehumidifiers are not necessarily highly priced. A dehumidifier is tested under special stimulated conditions and the ones that perform to the required standards, are classified as the best. Some portable dehumidifiers reviews will indicate specific numbers and performance. For instance, the best portable dehumidifier has to score well in categories like, energy efficiency, amount of space dehumidified, in-built features, and user friendly controls.
I went through these reviews taking into consideration all the facts and figures. I was then able to compile this review that I hope will aid you when shopping for the best dehumidifier; and by the way, a portable dehumidifier will cost you just $40-$100 depending on which manufacturer you buy it from. Some units cost less and work effectively as opposed to the expensive dehumidifiers that break down easily.
Top best portable dehumidifiers
Most portable dehumidifying units have a reservoir that stores the dehumidified moisture. These reservoirs need to be checked regularly to ensure the units work effectively without stopping. By emptying the reservoir tanks, the unit keeps running and performing well. Some units may be fitted with pipes or a draining hose. Other units however, may be modified with a pump to drain the condensate. Here are some of the best rated portable dehumidifiers:
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the thermo-electric dehumidifiers we tested was 53.2 dB. On the other hand, the EDV-1100 was measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. Making...
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more portable. For one, it can easily be transported. Secondly, it is also one of the smallest, lightest thermo-electric dehumidifiers on the...
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION - The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 has a manufacturer specified power draw of 22 watts. That makes it low on energy consumption so you can save on your electricity bill and also helps the...
:This is a small compact dehumidifier that weighs only about 1 pound. It can be fitted in small areas that are affected by high levels of humidity like bathrooms and R.Vs. Apart from just being a small dehumidifying unit, it also works quietly and consumes far less energy compared to any other small portable unit. As of September 2015 this unit had 1,732 reviews with an average rating of 4.0. It is a small unit that only costs a little over $56.
With over 2,000 customer reviews and an average rating of 4.4, it just weighs 37 pounds. It is the number one best seller in its size category dehumidifiers. It works well in slightly large spaces and can be moved around quite easily. It doesn’t have an extension cord. Its market price currently is $188.
- Room dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints of moisture from the air per day
- Designed to dehumidify a room up to 4500 square feet
- Electronic controls with LED Display and 24-hour timer
This is a compact portable unit that weighs about 40 pounds. It has been rated at 4.3 out of 5 by over 700 customers. This unit is the best portable dehumidifier among 70-pint dehumidifiers and is only sold at just a little below $190. Apart from dehumidifying your large room, it also offers you the best value for money.