People buy an air purifier for many reasons. Maybe you want to reduce the amount of dust in the air, you might want to remove the smell of second hand smoke or you may simply just want cleaner air? But for some allergy sufferers being able to choose the right air purifier is an essential and not a luxury.
It is not only important to select the right brand, but to know exactly which model is right for you. Which is the best air purifier for allergies? Which one is most effective for use whilst I sleep? This article will help you make the right decision.
- 4 IN 1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter. Bulb wattage is 55W. Construction: Plastic
This is a 3-in1 air purifier, which has systems in place to capture everything from large airborne particles to tiny bacteria and smells. People who purchased this item said that they could notice a huge difference in just one hour.
Firstly, the charcoal filter takes control of larger particles such as dust. Secondly, the HEPA filter can capture the tiniest of particles including mold, pollen, pet hair and dust mites.
Lastly, this model has a UV-C light, which decomposes molecules, which cause odors to linger meaning second hand smoke, and cooking smells are a thing of the past. When looking for the best air purifier for allergy the triple protection offered by this model makes it a definite consideration.
- SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT - With just 7.5W of ultra-low energy consumption and no costly filters to replace, the purifier is a bargain for you and the environment. Size: 17"(H) x 6"(W) x 7"(D).
- Electrostatic Ionizer Purification - Negative ions (O1) remove airborne pollutants as small as .01 micron such as allergens, pollen, mold, smoke, pet dander, unpleasant odors, dust, and other airborne...
- Whisper Quiet Purification Fan and Night Light - Silently draws air in for purification and cleans and sanitizes the air around you.
Your priority is to find the best air purifier for allergies, but if you are also looking for an air purifier with low running costs then this could be a consideration. It has a wipe clean filter, which means no more expensive replacement filters for you to buy.
Simply remove the collector rod and wipe it clean using a damp cloth. Buyers of this product feel that one of its advantages is simplicity to clean and maintain. Its night light and quiet fan also make it an ideal choice for night time operation.
This is an ionic air purifier, which uses ion technology to capture odors and airborne particles such as pollen, dust and pet hairs. It also contains an ultraviolet light to kill the germs and bacteria, which cause unpleasant smells.
- REMOVES UP TO 99 percent OF AIRBORNE PARTICLES: The Holmes Desktop HEPA-Type Air Purifier with Optional Ionizer captures particles as small as 2 microns from air passing through the HEPA-Type filter,...
- INCLUDES IONIZER: This Holmes air purifier features an optional air ionizer that helps to bind negative ions to airborne smoke, dust, and pollen to form larger particles that are more easily captured,...
- 70 CADR: Air purifier provides a 70 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
If you are looking for a compact air purifier for a smaller room then this one could be perfect for you. It has a slim design and can be used upright or horizontally meaning it can fit into most spaces where needed. Owners of this product love its compact size and modest price.
Just because it is small, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it a contender for the best allergy air purifier. It has a HEPA filter that removes 99% of all particles in the air and it comes with three speed settings to ensure it can be used even whilst you sleep. It is effective for rooms up to ten meters squared in size.
- Winix Titian Air Purifier AFT 880W-W1 5 Air Purifying Filters Air Purifier (110 V Converter Is Included)
- 5-Mode Air Care Filters- Free Filter, Activated Charcoal Deodorization Filter, Hybird Anti-Virus Coating, HEPA Filter, Plasma Wave
- True HEPA Filter Captures 99.97% of Dust and Allergens Such As Household Dust, Pet Dander, Mold Spores, Plant Pollen, and Smokes
One of the features you will love about this model is quiet operation. This makes it an ideal model for your bedroom, ensuring you get a restful sleep away from your allergies. It also has a sleek design making it an attractive addition to any room.
It’s 3-in-1 air filter removes 99.7% of airborne particles and odors and it’s automatic timer and three speed fan means that it is also an economical choice. There is also an indicator to tell you when to change the filter.
One of the most popular features of this product with customers is how well designed and quiet it is.
The simple ‘out of the box’ operation also makes this an ideal model if it is your first air purifier.
- LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Help make the air in your home cleaner with the Honeywell 50250-S HEPA Air Purifier. Recommended for large & extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97%...
- HELPS REMOVE MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES AND MORE - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels. It can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, and smoke*. It can also help reduce certain...
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifier for home filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy...
If you are looking for an air purifier for a larger space then this could be the model you are looking for. It is effective for spaces up to thirty-six square meters in size. People who purchased this purifier consider it the best model in its price range.
It is one of the more expensive models but has many money saving features. The filter can be removed and vacuumed to extend its life and an electronic indicator will tell you when to clean your filter and when to replace it.
This purifier will circulate the air in a large room up to five times in an hour making it effective as an allergen remover.
When looking for the best allergy air purifier there are also other things to take into consideration. Do I have odors such as smoke or pets that I also want to take care of? What is the size of the space I want to purify? Do I need to consider running costs and replacement filters?
Remember some models will have features that you will never need whilst others will have elements, which are vital for you. It is important to look into and understand all the capabilities for every model listed above and to make the right choice for you.