This post was last updated on: December 1, 2020
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Machines such as dehumidifiers, humidifiers and air purifiers are such an outstanding invention for people. These machines are saviors in the modern world and offer an easy way to reduce the excess humidity and maintain a balanced and healthy environment in the house or a building. There are a huge variety of dehumidifiers on the market. You can evaluate your needs, space and budget to make the best choice.
Be it the best commercial dehumidifier or the best dehumidifier for bedroom, you can expect an amazing performance from each gadget. This particular machine is specifically designed to reduce the humidity levels in a home or building and promote a healthy environment. Here are some highly popular types of dehumidifiers on the basis of the technology that you can use.
- Heat Pump Dehumidifier: The heat pump dehumidifiers use a heat pump, fan and heat exchange coils to decrease the amount of humidity in your space. The heat pump attached to the dehumidifier attracts the indoor air through the coils and fan. The heating coils stay at the freezing temperature to balance the moisture. This type of dehumidifiers is a budget-friendly option for those who are on a restricted budget.
- Dehumidifying Ventilators: When you need such an appliance, you always ask what is the best dehumidifier or humidifier for the basement and for the entire house. People looking for an air appliance for their basements can choose the dehumidifying ventilators for the best results. This type of dehumidifier comes with an exhaust fan and a sensor. Both fan and sensor work together to reduce the excess moisture from the air for a balanced and healthy environment.
- Chemical Absorbent Dehumidifiers: This type of dehumidifiers consists of desiccant-type absorbents and silica gel. The silica gel is heated and fixed onto the wheels while a separate loop helps the gel to get dried and expels the moist air through an external vent. This type of dehumidifier is also an ideal choice for both commercial and household buildings.
These are the types of different dehumidifiers classified on the basis of technology. Dehumidifiers can also be grouped on the basis of usage as well. They are explained below:
- Portable Dehumidifiers: When you need to dehumidify one room or a specific part of your home, it is best to go with the portable option. You can move the machine and remove the moisture in different spaces in your home for a better environment. A portable dehumidifier that has a long cord helps you dehumidify a wide range of area. In addition, a portable dehumidifier with in-built humidistats can help you achieve the right level of moisture in your home for more comfort.
- Whole House Dehumidifiers: This type of dehumidifiers provides an adequate coverage to your entire house or building. This type of dehumidifiers is important because they can prevent your precious furniture and house structure from the rust, mold, cracking and warping. A good whole house dehumidifier can eliminate up to 70 pints in a single day. However, some well-known brands offer dehumidifiers having the capacity of 100 pints. Before purchasing, you must read the dehumidifier with built-in pump reviews to find a model that delivers optimal performance.
- Basement Dehumidifiers: Even though you can use other dehumidifiers in the basement area, a specifically designed machine can give you the best and desired outcomes. Areas such as basements are more likely to have an excess level of moisture that can lead to mold and fungi. There are some types of dehumidifiers specially designed for the basement areas. Basement dehumidifiers are so powerful to eliminate the issues of humidity. However, it is good to read basement dehumidifier reviews before placing an order online or buying one directly from the store.
Various Uses of a Dehumidifier with a Built-In Pump:
A dehumidifier can offer multiple uses. From better air quality to balanced humidity level, a good quality of dehumidifier offers several health benefits including the following:
- Prevent Mold: Humid and damp areas are prone to high humidity and such places are the best conditions for both mold and its growth. These issues do not just make your home smell musty but damage the structure of your house as well. Apart from this, they also affect the health negatively. Health issues such as skin allergies, cough, asthma, breathing problems, etc. are caused by the mold spores. However, you can use a dehumidifier to prevent mildew and mold growth.
- Get Rid of Insects, Millipedes and Other Pests: Insects such as mosquitos and silverfish mainly survive in warm and damp environments. And your laundry room, basement and crawl space are the perfect place for millipedes and other harmful pests. You can choose a crawl space dehumidifier with a built-in pump to eliminate this problem.
- Promote Healthy Living: An excessive amount of humidity can make your health worse and trigger various problems such as skin irritations and asthma. Even blocked nasals, unusual cold, eyes irritations can also make your life difficult. You can bring a dehumidifier to your house so that you can breathe in a clean and fresh environment which is essential to improve your health.